Thursday, September 12, 2013

Molinaseca

On Tuesday, Sept. 10th we left Rabanal del Camino and started our climb to the highest point on the Camino, la Cruz de Ferro ( the Cross of Iron).  The climb was steep and long, but when we reached the cross at the top, it was a thrilling moment.  This is the place where the pilgrims place rocks at the foot of the cross.  I carried 4 rocks with me.  The largest one had the names of all those people I've been praying for during my journey.  The second rock was given to me by parishioners at St. Joan of Arc, knowing that I would be journeying to the cross.  The third rock was given to me by one of my walking companions, and the fourth rock was the pebble that was lodged in my shoe on the second day of the Camino.  It was an emotional time for me as I placed these rocks at the foot of the cross, praying for the intentions of those named people.  It was also a time for me to reflect on all those people who traveled this was before me.  It was a humble moment; here 5,000 feet above sea level, and a small iron cross stands as a simple symbol of the Pilgrims faith on the Way for centuries.  There was a deep connection for me with all those who have journeyed before me and those who will journey after me.  After spending about 45 minutes in this Holy place, we began our decent to Molinaseca. It was a difficult journey down, and at the end, we entered the beautiful village of Molinaseca.  Our hostel  was right next to the River Meruelo where we sat, had a beer and put our feet in the canal next to the river.  It was early to bed to get ready for our 20 mile journey to Villafranca.  Buen Camino !!!

Scripture passage: Sept. 10
Genesis 5:22

Prayer Companion(s):
Sr. Ruth Anne Sanders




2 comments:

  1. I can just sense how emotional this part of Camino must have been. The cross, simple, yet powerful in filling the heart and mind with reflections and prayer.
    As for the beer Ray, drink it very slowly and enjoy it. You know what happens when you drink beer too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray:
    I bet that was the best tasting beer you have had in a long time...One of God's little rewards at the end of a very long and emotional day.
    Praying for you along your journey. Stay safe
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete