Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Arzua

Today was a long day, over 17 miles of walking, it rained part of the day, everything hurt, and yet God always manages to enter into the picture.  Today we first experienced great hospitality from the people who ran the hostel we stayed in last night.  Since we were leaving at 6:30am, an hour before breakfast was to be served, they packed a lunch for us; with a sandwich, fruit, water, juice and cookies.  We were overwhelmed by their generosity.  As soon as we left the village it began to rain.  After traveling about 9 miles, my feet were hurting, my side ached, and my knee was bothering me.  Plus I had a headache!!  We stopped at a small village and went inside the church to have our pilgrim's passport stamped.  I sat in a pew, closed my eyes and was feeling very sorry for myself.  I prayed that God would give me direction in dealing with my situation.  I opened my eyes and looked to my right where there was huge image of the crucifixion.  I close my eyes again and prayed..."Ok God, I got it!"  It's amazing how God enters into our lives at the most vulnerable moments and speaks the truth to us.  

As we were walking, we came across a stand with fruits, nuts, water, and seats under the trees for rest.  Everything was free for the pilgrim to take as they journeyed along the Way.   A donation basket was there if someone wanted to leave an offering.  The hospitality to the pilgrim has been renewing and humbling.  We travel about 11 miles the next two days as we enter Santiago on Friday.  We plan to attend the Pilgrim's mass at 7:30pm.  The next day is free to tour the area and then we are on our way  home.  It continues to be an amazing adventure.  Buen Camino!!!

Scripture reading - Sept. 18
Isaiah 40:31

Prayer Companion(s):
The Smiths: Tim, Debbie, Sean, Joyce, Coco


No comments:

Post a Comment